Sunday, March 31, 2013

Weeked Recap

I believe I made it through my first weekend of Paleo successfully. Saturday I attempted to make something of a smoothie to start the day, but I definitely need more work in that dept. My sister and I took my dogs to the trail here in Austin and did a 4.77 mile loop. The weather was absolutely amazing. I definitely was drained at the end of the run though. I googled "Paleo eating in Austin" and found a few places to check out, so I went to "Wholly Cow Burgers" in South Austin after the trail. I ordered the Paleo Burger with a side of sweet potato fries and it was pretty good!! I think the next time I get a burger from there, I'll opt for a lettuce bun in place of the portobello mushroom bun. The mushrooms were just a bit too messy for my liking.

Saturday: 
Breakfast: 
-Smoothie (water, 1 raw egg, strawberries, almond butter)
-Lunch at Wholly Cow (Paleo Burger, sweet potato fries
-Dinner: Steak Salad at Black Finn

Workout
-Walked the dogs at Town lake running trail: 4.77 miles

Sunday: 
Lunch
-Beef Roast slices
-Grape tomatoes
-Sliced seedless cucumber

Dinner
-Pork Chops
-Spaghetti Squash, nitrate free bacon, mushrooms
-Asparagus

Workout: 
-Ran 6.25 miles at the gym(!)
I did buy new running shoes too. After the surgery on my hip, my running stride isn't quite the same, so I went to get a new assessment and ended up with Saucony's!! I'm in LOVE with them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment