Wednesday, August 29, 2012

90 day, Week 1, Day 4 (Day 1 30 day shred!!)

According to the schedule, I'm supposed to do cardio and workout dvd #1, but I mistakenly did workout #1 yesterday so I'm going to do cardio today in the form of running!! I made a couple of BIG decisions today and one was to join something that goes on yearly here in Austin and that is the "Austin Distance Challenge" Last year, when I came back to running after my 3 level lumbar fusion, I basically ran all of those races and then some, however I was not officially signed up for the challenge itself. I also did not run the FULL marathon at the end, I only ran the Austin half marathon. This is definitely the year that I want to run a full, so what better way to motivate myself then to sign up for this challenge. The info on the races is below.


Six Races.  One Challenge.
     Challenge Accepted!
The Races
There are 6 races in the 2012-2013 Austin Fit Magazine Distance Challenge:
Needless to say, I'm super excited and nervous all at the same time!! I know that doing the 90 day challenge will only aide in getting me race ready!! I admit, I lack at getting myself to do strength training and I know how important it is to being and staying a healthy runner!! So I'm excited to see how the 90 day TBR will aide me in my running.

Ok, now the 2nd decision I made today, in addition to the 90 day TBR, I'm going to also attempt to do the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred!! I hear nothing but good results about the program and I'm wanting to get FIERCE results by the time the Oct 7th, race date rolls around!! I'm  NOT happy that I've gained essentially 10-13lbs since the start of July, so I'm really wanting to get myself back to my "normal" weight and then of course drop an additional 10-15lbs once I get back to that weight. So in total from today's weight, I'd like to drop 25-30(ish)lbs!!! 

I'll be back to update once I get done with running and completing level 1 of the 30 day shred.....

Evening workout update: 

Running at the gym:
4.25 miles
 - .12 (2 min) warmup at 3.7
 - 3.88 of running, speeds varying from 6.7 - 7.7 (finished 4.0 at 34:33 mins, including 2 min warmup)
- walked .25 to cooldown at 3.0 (time at finish was 40 mins, 4.37)
My run today did not start out well!!! My legs definitely felt heavy and just getting into my rhythm was rather difficult, but I kept pushing through. I never did reach that point where the run becomes easier, my legs felt heavy the entire time, but nonetheless I still completed 4.25 miles. It's not a big deal!! It has been a while since I've had a bad  run, so I guess it was just time for one to roll around again.

After getting in some stretching post run, I headed to Target on my way home and picked up a yoga mat, so I have a mat to work with during my 30 & 90 day workouts at home. Target didn't have 8lb hand weights, so I'm going to have to pick some up another time. I was also able to find the 30 Day Shred program on youtube and luckily I have a smart tv as well, so no need to buy or wait to order the dvd!! Once I got home, I took my 2 rambunctious beagles out and then started my very first workout of the 30DS!!!

I completed Day 1, level 1 of Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and WOW!!! That workout is INSANE. The bicycle crunches are killing me!! I don't think I'm doing them right and the crunches that work the lowest part of the abs where you lift your legs in the air DEFINITELY need some work, but hey it is day 1 and I can only look forward to improvement!! :)  I can't wait to see the progress a the end of 10 days!! I also took my measurements and I plan to take them at Day 10, Day 20 & Day 30. I was using 5lb weights throughout the exercise, but the side lunges were EXTREMELY difficult. I think I'm going to have to get 3lb and 10lb weights!! Whew!!!

WORKOUT SUMMARY

90 Day Total Body Revolution

  • Cardio day according to the plan

30 Day Shred

  • Level 1, day 1

Cardio

  • Ran 4.25 Mile

No comments:

Post a Comment