Thursday, August 30, 2012

90 day, Week 1, Day 5 (Day 2, 30 day shred!!)

Wow!! I woke up SORE!!! I can definitely feel the squats from yesterday!! I also woke up and did Day 2 of 30 day shred!!!

 I must say it was a lot harder to do in the morning!! Ever since I had my lumbar fusion, mornings have not been a good time for me! I wake up extremely stiff and it's hard to get moving. But nonetheless, I got up started level 1 of 30 day shred. The only weights I have are the 5lb hand weights, they are working, in some exercises they feel too light, but in the side lunge, they are too heavy. So tonight after work, I'm going to pick up a pair of 3lb weights and 10lbs weights.

 I'm determined to do 30 days straight of the 30DS!! I googled before and after pics of 30DS and WOW!! The results are so motivating!! I can't wait to see what I'm able to accomplish in 30 days. Keep in mind that I am also doing the 90 day body revolution! My plan is to do the 30DS in the mornings and the 90 day exercises in the evenings after I do either spinning or running at the gym.

Because I just signed up for the Austin Distance Challenge, I'm going to have to continue running!! I LOVE running as mentioned before, but it's been hard with my back and I will admit that I overdid the number of races I did last "season." I ran 12 half marathons in matter of 6 months, 2 10 mile races, a duathlon and of course all the training runs!! The ADC is going to include my very first FULL marathon and with my back issues, I know I'm going to have to train smart. This means, that I'm going to really have to focus on strength training, hard core training, to help take pressure of my lumbar and incorporate a lot of spinning to keep me in shape, but also help in keeping my running to a minimum. I'm also looking to buy a new bicycle, so that will help a lot too!!!

Evening update: 
After work, I went to my gym and did the 6pm "Studio Cycling" class which is essentially spinning. I got to class about 10 mins early and started right away, so even though the class is only 60 mins, I got in an extra 10 mins at the beginning. I really pushed myself this class!! I sat closer to the front of the class and got a glimpse of myself and let's just say that's EXTREMELY motivating!! After work, I did the dvd from the 90 day body revolution. This is my 2nd time doing workout 2 and the crunches seem to be a bit easier. I do, as mentioned earlier need to get a heavier set of weights, especially for the back exercises. I also HATE doing lunges I just can't seem to do them right, but I know the more I work on them, the better I'll get at them, meaning I might actually start to do them right!! lol Anyway 30 mins DONE!!!

I am SUPER motivated!! I really can't wait to see how things progress as time goes on. I need to quit worrying so much about the weight, and worry about inches lost, but I also really want to get to a certain weight range, so I hope things start to even out. :)

Workout Summary

90 Day Total Body Revolution

  • Workout 2, Week 1, Phase 1
30 Day Shred
  • Level 1, Day 2 (completed in the morning)
  • Level 1, Day 2 (completed in the pm again :) )

Cardio

  • 70 mins of spinning (Thursday, 6pm class Lifetime, Aerobic intervals)

No comments:

Post a Comment